Combines Replacement Parts Not OEM

tbran

oh boy are there ever,,,, what did you need IJIf you are close to a dealer ask him. He knows who and where more than likely. Ask for availability of aftermarket parts and discounts. Agco has a "Heritage " line that is very competitive on many fast moving items and they have a 1 year warranty as do all the agco oem parts. If you can, support your local dealer. If he is out of line try to work with him. There are many items only a dealer can get. When all customers bypass dealers then there won't be the expertise to help those who the will fitters can't. Don't misunderstand me, I am not condeming you for looking for affordable parts for your combine; I'm just trying to get customers to talk to their dealers and work together where possible. Most will fitters offer dealers discounts that will not affect the price the customer has to pay. We try to stay up on the market and pass on the savings where possible and bug the devil out of Agco to get in line where they are not. (This is a never ending battle. ) Thanks for the soap box opportunity......

tbran

oh boy are there ever,,,, what did you need IJIf you are close to a dealer ask him. He knows who and where more than likely. Ask for availability of aftermarket parts and discounts. Agco has a "Heritage " line that is very competitive on many fast moving items and they have a 1 year warranty as do all the agco oem parts. If you can, support your local dealer. If he is out of line try to work with him. There are many items only a dealer can get. When all customers bypass dealers then there won't be the expertise to help those who the will fitters can't. Don't misunderstand me, I am not condeming you for looking for affordable parts for your combine; I'm just trying to get customers to talk to their dealers and work together where possible. Most will fitters offer dealers discounts that will not affect the price the customer has to pay. We try to stay up on the market and pass on the savings where possible and bug the devil out of Agco to get in line where they are not. (This is a never ending battle. ) Thanks for the soap box opportunity......

tj

Tbran is correct in asking that you support your dealer. We sell most of our Gleaner components thru dealers, and also give them a discount because they will more likely than not be repeat business for quite a long time. Besides that, if we need a part which we can't supply, or advice, (welders have frequent brain farts)etc., we receive the same consideration in return. Keeps us all in business and helps us to serve our customers.

Gator

I have no problem with supporting a dealer, But, I drive 125 miles for something as simple as a wooden idler only to find that it has to be special ordered. I must then pay for the part in advance pay special order charge shipping and freight and the part cannot be drop shipped because I never made an account because I work on a cash basis. But the part will be here at 7:00am the next morning ... UPS don`t wake that early. I really feel like I`m gettin it up the a--. Keep in mind that I replace all belts every 2 years and bearings every 3 years, you would think they would cut me a little slack. I hope this ain`t normal but he`s the only dealer around.

tbran

stories such as yours abound. It really is a shame that the Gleaner dealers are so few and far between. What is even a greater shame is that they know so little about the performance potential of the Gleaner rotaries. Simple rugged and reliable. But as with any machine you gotta have parts backup especially as Gleaners get run about twice as long as competitors before recycling 'em. I would do the same as you ; my point is customers come into my shop and have coop oil or filters or other allmakes brands in their truck. We try to stay within 5% of anyone. We are the ones however, who come in at all hours of the night and weekends when there is a problem. I once went to a customer who was plugging his combine and spent 4 hours pointing out worn and misadjusted items from cyl. bars to chopper blades, only to find out he went elsewhere to buy the parts - spent all day on the phone pricing and drove 3 hours - saved 80$

mark

i got to agree. I know there are some great dealers out there who make a great effort, but there are also great aftermarket people who I believe make an extra big effort because they have to beat the big guys on the block.