Combines rotary screen drive belt

95man

Murr, Make sure the pulleys the belt runs in are in line with one another. Does the belt just break or does it show wear to one side the bustIJIJ

murr

I checked the pulley alignment and they are close. The bottom pulley which drives the belt is in about 1_8 of an inch more than the middle and top pulley. The bottom pulley is in two halves and it keys on a half moon key on the shaft. Maybe if I can get a washer behind it, it will line up. I haven't been able to find the other belt so I'm not sure if it broke or just came off.

95man

Murr, If I remember right, the screen drive belt is fairly small, if you get your alignment, I bet your troubles will cease.

Murr

That's part of the problem. Checked it out after and the idler pulley had one side worn right off and the belt was almost history. It's a tough spot to get at to make any adjustments so we just put on a new belt and pulley. It was the larger screen drive belt that had broken before. We changed all the pulley's except for the bottom one. It comes in 2 halves. The belt slips when the wind blows the chaff and straw in a certain direction so there's a heavier buildup on the screen when that happens. I can't understand why John Deere doesn't align these things properly at the factory to start with.