Combines Sensor lights coming on

Jay_B

I had this problem arise when I had an R-60 also. The problem was with the wire crimp that atached to the sensor. It needs to be very tight , if not as the airflow around the engine increases the wire connector can vibrate causing the light to come on. This also happened at a splice in the wire once. Hope this helps.

T__langan

Sounds like a wiring problem but to be certain, I'd also check the fins on the aluminum cooling fan. They can wear down in some cases causing decreased air flow to the engine fins_oil coolers. We've never had the problem on our combine so someone else will have to explain how to measure the fins to check for wear. It seems like they're supposed to be 2" wide but I'm not sure of that. Good luck-

tbran

first disconnect harness plug overhead when this happens and read ohms on green_black wire in combine portion; this is hyd temp at pos. n 10 on 15 pin disconnect - should be 0 and normally grounded.. Pin 12 is head temp and should read 200-1000 ohms after running eng. with pin plugged in this is between 0.5 and 7 volts. You probably have either a pinched wire or a visit from a mouse or mice. (if more than one mouse are mice why are two houses not hice) anyway, or a bad diode in moniter module. Check for visible trouble in module and blow off the printed board after removing back. You should have the same reading at the harness you unplugged that you get at the sending units. If not start tracing or run separate wire from unit to cab and plug (splice) in as a test. let us know what you find.