Combines Soybean harvest IJ

IowaDan

Some guys would go ahead and run them but I would wait. We see this about every year in south central Iowa. I feel like if green pods are in the hopper then there has to be some going out the back if your combine is set for a clean sample. Also, if you put those in a grain bin, the green pods slide to the outside wall and will rot. What you need now is a killing freeze or a few rain showers to swell the dry beans back up and then when the moisture comes back down they will probably run a lot better. Just my opinion. This will be my 35th year of combining soybeans so I think I have learned a little bit over the years.....Good luck and have a safe harvest.........Dan

Illinois_Gleaner

I would go ahead and cut them. I never like leaving beans if they are below 13 %. We cut beans this year that were 8% with alot of green leaves on them. I would squeez the concave until the pods are thrashed,then go ahead and cut them. Some guys around here waited,then we got a rain,and presto you have popcorn.Beans popped out everywhere. But I had 8% beans and 12% corn so what do you doIJIJIJ The dryer they get the more that popout with your reel also. Just my opinion IG