Combines steep pitch double stacked helicals

Hyper_Harvest_II

dpc, Sorry,but if only difference between Factory R72 and Modified R72 was the Sunnybrook rotor and steep pitched helicals,material throughput is no where near capacity.Tell us about the concave(wires,clearance,levelness),extended 3rd helical from gearbox,extended cylinder bars into discharge(four bars all the way,and four shortened paddles with cylinder next to them),helical bars extended into discharge area.Don't condemn yet,tell us more so we can make this rig a beast not a burden.

Dan

There are a lot of varibles I could go into between your '92 R72 and whatever year factory set up machine you are comparing to and what standard features or options or HP it has. I won't do a bunch of comparing on which has got what or whatever. In your previous post you said you have no shocks on feeder drums so you need to install by next year. I don't remember anyone on this page pushing shimmed out steep pitch helicals. I have installed many shimmed out steep pitch kits but I do add a couple helicals in key locations. I have not saw earth shaking capacity increases with steep pitch but certainly no less than standard pitch. I do like steep pitch mainly because it helps prevent a second pass of material over concave. We do run all factory rotors with bars extended to the discharge. I would switch rotors back too unless Sunnybrook is making an enclosed rotor that has the same angle and deep rasp as P3 and that is the one you have in yours. When you put old rotor back in be sure to have bars extended to the discharge. Why don't you post your email address and I'll get you a drawing of my positioning of steep pitch helicals. Good luck whatever you do. Dan

tbran

Sorry I have not communicated better. I have no experience with the cylinder you mention nor have I recomended its use. My only comments concern increased capacity in green stem soybeans which is incredible. We have had a noticable increase in capicity in other crops as well with the modifications found under 'tips' to your left, then click on upgrades then go to appropriate column of interest. Yup, the Gleaner rotaries are pretty good right out of the box; but we can add a little bang for the buck.