Combines Stripper Draper headers

natek

I had a chance to run an AGCO stripper header on an R62 last year in wheat. It runs like a dream!! It took some time to figure out how to operate it, but once we did we was running 7+ mph and the machine wanted more (in standing wheat). In down wheat it would still clean the stalk and ground at 4-5 mph, this was a 22.5 foot header. With the 25' 500 series head we could run about 2 mph in down wheat and 4 or so in standing wheat. This was with a factory built 96 model 62 which was updated later in the fall. I haven't seen a Shelbourne yet but I have been told the 3 speed gearbox AGCO header has is the big advantage over the pulley changing you have to do with the Shelbourne to get the stripper running at the right speed. Also everyone I have talked to with a Shelbourne has the extra roller between the stripper and the auger which is only needed for rice, or damp crop. If that is standard equipment on a Shelbourne you could save some big bucks buying an AGCO without the roller. AGCO will sell them either way. Hope this helps.

Dan

John, We have a guy with a low hp R62 with only the feeder shocks for upgrades and he normally pushes a 28' Shelbourne around at 7.5mph no problem. The first year they had it it gave quite alot of problem feeding but then they got the shock kit installed and extended flighting on the header auger to match the feeder opening and she went great. I think Shelbourne did some sort of drum upgrade also on that earlier header. I've been working on my brother to order in a Agco stripper so we could give it a try. We have a 30' 600 draper head out and it works great. It was one of the first ones and there were a few upgrades to do to it but didn't have any trouble except a missaligned sickle drive box. Does anyone know of any other crops that a stripper will take other than wheat, barley, or riceIJ Thanks. Dan

John

Dan, only other thing a stripper header will take besides those you mentioned is oats. Which might be ideal for Cattle_horse people, though I don't know much about it except they seem to like baled oats straw.

rotor_man

I run a shelborne cx72 28 ft stripper header, there are no pulley's to change rotor speed.