Combines STS total cleaning area

customcutter

I thought the same thing right away. Actually I saw that it looked too small when I looked at one up close a few weeks back at a county fair. We had one in corn last weekend and we were taking 8 rows at 7mph without any problems except the feeder wouldn't run fast enough to deal with the stalks properly. We run Case combines and their cleaning fans top out at about 1100rpm. The STS will hit 1400, which is where we ran it at in corn. I see the 50 Series cylinder_walker machines' fans will run up to 1600rpm. I don't know what the 10 Series topped out at, but that is the most obvious thing I can see as being the reason.

Greenfever

My dad, brothers and I own a 9750 sts and I love to brag about it but there is a lot of hype. We think it is just over size 9550 with 325hp, 300 bushel grain tank with a rotary separation system. We can actually combine about one mph faster in corn, about one and a half mph faster in soybeans with our row crop heads and the 930 flex platforms were at even speeds, compared to our 9610. We do fill like the rotary does handle the grain better but there is always room for improvement. We are happy with our 9750 sts combine.

Wind

I don't think that comparing the fan speed is comparing the amount of air they move.