Combines Swathmaster vs JD Pickup Headers

Bulldogger

Go with the Swathmaster, you will not be disappointed. The double canvas setup places the point of contact farther ahead of the operator reducing fatigue as well as allowing you more time to shut down the pickup before the swath enters the header. (swath with wads in it) You could also order the complete header from swathmaster and order your 9750 sts without the 914.

KIWI__HARVESTER

What are the prices of these two pickups over there with 12 - 14 foot of belting, (second hand) IJ Please say what curency the price is in. We are looking to import one for grass seed. If you here of any with fronts to suit a 7720 please email us. The swathmaster has a bearing in the middle of the rollers to stop flex and belt stretch does the JD IJ Thanks PS we posted a question on the headers forum a while back as we heard that the rakeup was weak in the gearbox, can you check it out.

bub

How does the swathmaster and rakeup do in canolaIJ Can the seeds fall throughIJ We used a 914 with a John Deere 7 belt last year and are looking at updating it. The seeds seem to fallow the pickup in the combine. Will they do the same with the rakeup and the swathmasterIJ

KIWI__HARVESTER

bub if you want to sell the 914 and pickup please email us. What year is the 914 and pickup and how much have you done with it IJ Are the 7 belts 22 inch ones IJ What harvester do you run this front on IJ Cheeres Kiwi

Can_Man

I had heard that new the Swathmaster was about C$ 1000 more than the JD and that the Rakeup was again more $$ than the Swathmaster but I do not know by how much. I do not think the JD has a middle bearing on the leading roller but have not heard of any complaints due to it's absence. I had not heard of any gearbox problems on the rakeup however had heard that it does have a lot of bearings that do cause problems if the unit is stored outside during the off season. I also have no idea how any of these units compare in price on the used market.