Combines Unloading Auger Extension

DK_in_MN

Farm Kid2, you can check www.stewartsteel.com they make the extender auger extension, I seen one on a combine last fall. Goes in right by elbow.

SDman

FarmKid2, it depends on how new your 1680 is or what style of unloader drive you have. late 1680s and newer unloaders use a fine-spline setup to drive the horizontal auger. The spline is on the elbow(turret) gearbox and resembles a small 1000rpm PTO shaft. Older 1680 combines use a pin that locks the output shaft of the turret gearbox to the horizontal auger. Your auger extension may not work due to this. See which style of auger you have. HTH

erkie

You don't need a longer auger you'll just hit another pole.

Hal

I don't think so - check with Rays Repair, I know he has installed a lot of them. 701-208-1071

unit_3

We added 4 feet to both of our N6's but we don't unload on the go to much. I built a cable brace that still lets the auger go in and out, but never fold your auger in when it is full, or you will not unfold it because of weight. Done that twice and don't wish to forget it again. Somday I will try to post pictures of my cable and slide bar as well as a rock gaurd that works with the air reel.

dwilken

Other than Ray's repair, where are the extensions availableIJ

NDDan

Ray got together with loewen to built the extentions. The weight of the extention is down at the base. We have installed a few with no problems. The one for 14" will be made in a similiar way. 14" systems have another brace and some rivets are replaced with bolts. It surely wouldn't hurt to add the replaceable saddle on floor of hopper for it strengthens things also. The replaceable factory floor also has the holes in proper areas so you know where to install. No matter what you do as far as strenthening you still need to keep tube off and away from obstructions. Most any problem we have had with strength is from resting auger on truck or tree. Anyway I don't know of any other outfit that lengthens the auger and tube. Gleaner has a longer spout available as well as I believe there is a jobber or two out there that does that but most of the time the guys want it higher and further out. Have a good one.