Combines Upset with AGCO

Dan

Kurt, Havn't broke a hydro input shaft for many years and the two we did broke from the keyway and then threw the shaft. Seems as though the torquer of hydro pulley nut at the plant torqued it up and then backed off nut to get lock pin in. We double check all retaining nuts now in predelivery and have never broke another shaft. If it didn't break in keyway I would bet that Sundstrand overhardened or underhardened or left out a champher where there is a step in shaft. Be sure to keep snubber snug for belt tentioner to prevent violent swing of idler arm. We had a rear feed shaft break in a '98 machine and it seems that a few '98 and '99's had a undercut or a missing radius next to a step in the shaft. I sometimes wonder if a machinist knows what it takes to make a strong shaft, go figure. We have never had a idler arm break for main drive but have saw a couple bend and throw the belt when equiped with the l10 or M11. Them engines have quite a kit when started or stopped and we stiffen up arm if we see one that is twisted a bit and getting out of line. Our '99's have been completely flawless but of course we tweaked the necessary areas and we give them a good predelivery. May the rest of your harvest be flawless. Dan

tbran

yup, we had problems as well. Service rep came down with laptop and recal'd after a broke potentiometer. Simple proceedure, works great now but had to have help from the pros. on this one. Our tech guy on the n's is Anthony at 901 364-5366.

Kurt

It was the pulley on the hydro shaft, not the shaft itself. I should of mentioned that our machanics at our dealer have gone out of there way to help us. Of course they didn't have the parts but they went to the next town a rob a pulley off of a new r72 they had on there lot.

oldman

WE,re running a 99 R72 and so far it hasn,t had that first service call except for a bad oil pressure gauge, which was a problem on our 98. We are approaching 400 hrs on that baby. local Case IH salesman (ex Gleaner salesman) came out and rode one afternoon, went back and told everybody he never saw so much corn shelled. He brought a 1688 when new and tried to cut wheat with our R62 and couldn,t. Just hopes he doesn,t come and help cut beans until we get our rear conveyer clutch fixed