Combines variable ground drive on F2 Gleaner

John

I had the same thing happen to my F, and the dealer service man told me to check to see how much dust and crap was packed behind the inboard shive, and he was right I must have dug at least a 1_2 inch of stuff out of there, you don't have to take anything apart, just take a stiff piece of wire and start digging and good luck. John

Farmer_Ed

Hello. Hopefully John is correct. I have done the same thing also. We have Gleaner F's and an F2 as well. I know the F2 is different the way it drives (variable speed cylinder) and I believe your right about the springs and the cam as well. I've never had the F2 apart. I have had the F's apart. I believe there are 2 grease zerks on the F2 down in that area, one that frequently missed. If you do take these shieves apart, be careful not break them. let me know what it looks like in there. Sometimes the shaft gets wore as well inside on the F's. Also a common thing is for the studs (I believe there are 3) to bend and pinch the shieves only so far. Check these as well. let me know.

f2gleanerman

John was exactly right! The F2 is different than the F.