Combines Vibration on 1971 F

Farmer_Ed

Hey you have a good ole' Gleaner F too. They are good machines. I believe one of the best in their day. We still use them today as well. Taking 4 rows of corn with a F is not a problem. We had to rework ours becuase they were bean specials and they had bucket elevators. If yours has the belt driven cylinder, and has paddle elevators, you should be able to run in second gear low variable speed range. That way when you back up it goes slower as well. You must be trying to run first high. We had one that did that. It was the input shaft on the transmission. It's quite a little job to get all that stuff apart (especially the sheaves). Our shaft turned on the bearing and luckily my cousin is a professional welder and so he welded it up and our local machine shop turned it back down. I would start with the belt tension (make sure it's ok) then try to move the shaft below to see if something is loose(shaft, bearing, spring not broken, etc.) and make sure all of the drive pins are in the shieves up front and not bent. I would say the bearing went to hek on ya. Make sure you replace everything that looks bad to save another repair in the future. If you need tips let me know.

AC

Hi Ed- Yeah, first high is where I was running, the corn stalks are still a little green and second low was_is a little too fast for the head to handle. I've plugged it a few times in second. I didn't have a chance to look at it today, I was busy with numerus other things today that I never made it to the field. Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I find in the morning. Thanks again!!!