Combines Wait Til U See

T__langan

I've already bought mine - last summer. It's good inspiration to keep promoting the company! And you guys thought I was passionate - I'm "fiscally prudent"! Tom langan

Tom_S

You guys come from a diffeent world than us, but we share the same common desire to see the success of AGCO, just different reasons. long live the network of parts and repair materials that keeps such great machinery in the field. If you stop and count the pennies made in parts along with the dollars generated each year in sales, I think you will discover a lot of old timers with 10 and 15 year old machines doing their part to keep the share holders happy also. There are a heck of a lot of new OEM parts sold within the ag machine market industry wide, and I'll say again, AGCO parts distribution system is SECOND TO NONE from the manufacturers to the local distributers. Their new lines of tractors, combines, and balers might be real good too, I know the older ones are. I just can't afford a new one to find out. Big Green Financial Services is crying the big blues right now, and I pity them, because I know a few people who invested a portion of their portfolios in them. But I can continue to have parts delivered to a breakdown in the field without a question. Tom S.

T__langan

Tom S. (Gee, another Tom hereIJ! When will it end!) - I don't want you to get the wrong impression that the rest of us here only run the big new stuff. Our R52 and our White corn planter (3 years old) are the only newer model AGCO pieces we own. We also have a D17 Series IV, an AC 180, Deutz Allis 6265 and 7085, and some older White and Allis tillage pieces. I agree with you 100% on the parts thing. In fact, there is a local small AGCO White dealer about four miles from here that hasn't sold a new tractor for probably three years. He literally keeps his place afloat by selling parts and service on old Oliver tractors that were VERY popular in these parts back many years ago. Those old Olivers will never die as long as W.H. lien keeps his doors open. He carries a couple of other shortlines and sells a number of feed mixers, manure spreaders, and gravity box wagons, but for the most part, the parts sales are his bread and butter. Tom langan

Tom_S

Yes, another Tom. We must have been beautiful children!It's like I stated earlier, we have lost sight of our purpose. The guys who mortgage their soul, and the companies who they are in debt to will learn. With inflation, and the depressed comodity market, you can't paper yourself a new tractor, let alone a combine. My newest piece is a 285 Massey and the oldest is a model 42 SP Ferguson windrower. I just bought a baler this year for my use and not re-sale. It was a 5580 Hesston I found on the back row of a dealer where I bought some other salvage for re-sale. I have had hard times and my family has had to suffer, but I refuse to worry about loosing it to a lender. Tom S.