Why Are Snap On Tools So Expensive

Heaston

Why are Snap-On tools so expensive? Is it the quality? The warranty? The advertising? What am I paying for?

Toymaker

Farm Hand
Some of column a...a little of column b and ALOT of column c in my opinion.

What advertising though...whens the last radio/tv ad you saw SnapOn run? Its just word of mouth, payment plans and techs thinking $$ equals better quality. They let us build them up in our minds..sort of like high priced wines. Not better in reality...only because we THINK they are.

Yes, they are good tools - yes, there are some I would buy if I made my living with them solely...no, overall they are not far and away superior to pro line tools sold at a big box store these days or HF.

Qapla

Qapla

Farm Hand
Why are Snap-On tools so expensive?

Simply put - because too many people are willing to pay their asking price for the tools. If people quit buying them, the prices would go down.

Barncat

Farm Hand
People pay because they perform. If you make your living with your tools, you gladly pay for performance. Can you imagine a pro needing to get work out the door for you, but oops the wrench just broke! Thats what yould get using HF tools as someone above suggested were just as good. Also besides the performance, there is comfort built in. Its much easier on your hands as well as attitude to use fully polished tools vs, rough edged junk. Simply put, theres good reason people pay for quality, but thats for each to decide.