Combines why no massey conventionalIJ

Big_Truck

The problem with that idea is that I don't think AGCO can justify that move with many sales in N.America!!!! The MF Cerea combines in Europe hold a very small overall sales percentage and MF just hasn't had major league combine sales in Europe since the 80's!!!! We demoed a MF 7276 Cerea combine a couple of years ago and we parked it at the side of the field after a couple of rounds, needless to say we weren't impressed with its overall performance compare to our lexions and NH TX!!!

Red_Painter

I used to wonder about that in the past too. I would expect there would be little commonality of parts besides possible low sales numbers . There has been some speculation as to whether MF Dronningborg will be making combines in the future. The factory there was supposed to be costly like the MF tractor factory in England which was closed a few years ago. They have been selling laverda combines and may go to all laverda models when there is a larger model to fill the top of the line up. Did see a longer looking laverda running with two MF rotary prototypes in Germany on a Euro site's pictures. The new conventional may have something like a CTS separator according to what one visitor to the test farm saw. The Dronningborg combines are being developed further in Brazil. I would think it would be cost effective to bring them from there, but how many buyers will go for a non N.American combine that isn't a Deere or NH or CatIJ