Wreaths

Desi

Golden Chicken
My daughter and I threw our hat into making wreaths this year. We have a farmer friend that sells trees. He is giving us the scraps and cuttings for free. It's been quite the adventure so far.

More Green

Farm Hand
Driving through a neighborhood in a small town yesterday and I saw a full size wreath draped over the nose of a bull statue that is basically a yard ornament. Maybe you could do something like that when you gals are done making them.

I think it was kind of a neat thing to do.

Smarty Plants

Farm Hand
I buy my greenery wholesale and then doll them up into lovely wreaths. It's a ton of fun to do. I like seeing how creative I can be. @Desi, add a customized option if you haven't already. I make a tidy profit off of those.

@More Green, a bull statue? I wonder if the resident worked in finance.

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
@ More Green, that's awesome! I could see that here at our farm. Was it at a farm?
How exciting to be doing something new with your daughter. It's something she won't forget. Do you think you'll start selling these every year?

More Green

Farm Hand
@ More Green, that's awesome! I could see that here at our farm. Was it at a farm?

No, it was in a smallish town. There is a lot of agriculture in that area though, so that probably explains the statue. I've noticed it before but the wreath was new.

More Green

Farm Hand
@More Green, a bull statue? I wonder if the resident worked in finance.
[/QUOTE]

If he does he just makes a middle class income from it. It wasn't in a fancy neighborhood or anything, just us working class folk.

Desi

Golden Chicken
Well we sold 23 of these, which I think is a great start for our new adventure. I let my daughter keep half of the profit. I can't wait to do this next year. We are going to head to Michael's craft store right after Christmas to get clearance items to put on the wreaths next year.

Jack L

Farm Hand
Do you guys use pine needles to make wreaths? I've always wondered what the homemade wreaths are made out of. Pine needles just seems like a natural way to do it.