Combines I have seen the future new rotaries

DGJ

Well your partly right about a diesel using only as much fuel as the rack will allow but not completely there, the governor only increases the fuel by a certain amount not varying anengines horsepower from 100-1000hp. Electronic control does allow for bigger increases in fuel according to load or wether the unloading auger or straw chopper is engaged. As to who would buy a combine 40% bigger than a 2388 then a whole lot of people in Europe that grow high yielding crops. The Class lexion is a big seller over here because it has high output, the 2388 certainly isn't considered a high output combine anymore, yes it's fast in the right conditions but in damp high yielding or green strawed wheat it certainly needs more power. something these new models hopefully will provide along with the AFX rotor.

DGJ

Well NH did go down the road of twin rotors, something that works well untill you get into damp long straw and try splitting it into 2 seperate streams. who has been selling most rotor combines during the last 20 years or soIJ Are the people who have seen the specs for the new combine sure it's Hydrostatic drive to the rotor or could it be something like a CVT gearbox, something that is a lot more efficient than a straight Hydro drive but still uses the hydro principles to alter the speed range..

SilverTurnedGreen

There's no doubt that CaseIH has outsold New Holland in the rotary combine market, although New Holland exceeds CaseIH in worldwide sales. CaseIH also enjoys a substantially larger dealer network within North America, so thier sales should reflect larger numbers of units sold. As for the new AFX series, it would be interesting to see some of this literature which is seemingly floating around some of the CaseIH dealers. It's unfortunate that CaseIH couldn't release thier new machine sooner than late next year; - I think alot of diehard Axial-Flow fans are waiting!

polymoss

J.H.Adamson Patented the Axial Flow Roter in 1873. (U.S.Patent 140,396) Rotary's are hardly new. ;-) Yes July 1873.

George_2

I have seen a NH CR960 and crawled all over it. If the new CIH units are similar it will have the hydraulic rotor drive as the NH certainly has it. There are very few belts and chains on this machine. Having looked at the MF 8670 and the newer 8780 you can sure see the similarities. It sure looks like a copy job to me (other than the twin rotors).

brodale

my mistake the rotor is the same size as the 88's. I was thinking that everything currently had the 24 inch rotor.

SilverTurnedGreen

Perhaps he patented it in 1873, but was it produced in 1873IJ

FarmBuddy

I believe the NewHolland CR combine twin rotors are driven by Variable Speed V-Belt. These V-belt pulleys are located on the right side of combine, just forward_ behind the clean grain elevator.

JHEnt

Which engine are you talking aboutIJ The 2 smaller CR's have the NH 7.5l the next bigger one has a 7.8l(not sure of make but I assumed the Ford Industrial engine) and the largest one has a CDC engine(CaseIH_Cummins)

George_2

The 7.8 liter engine is an Iveco engine. It is an Italian built engine normally used in FIAT trucks in Europe. I don't know the make of the largest engine. The two small ones use the NH (aka Ford) engine that is used in their mid sized tractors