Combines 1 2 the cylinder barsIJ

tj

We have had operators doing this for several years. Improves intake and thresh especially in high moisture corn, soybean vines and other high residue crops. Several operators will leave them out year round and are pleased. However, in crops which tend to break up into small pieces (sunflowers, dried down, windrowed, edible bean vines, etc.) all bars are required to keep the material spread out instead of piling up -- this is where the growling is noticed -- when the trash piles up more effort is required to move it, because it will tend to ball up somewhat. We have resolved this somewhat by removing bars in an alternate staggered pattern and not leaving them in straight lines. Hope this is clear.

Dan

I have not been around a machine with half the rows of bars removed but I have talked to some who have. They said it worked fine in the corn and soybeans that they were in. I have removed ever other bar on seperator side for sunflowers and it worked fine. We had the thresher concave blanked off and seperator grate covered for them very wet sunflower head and stalks. I have removed half of the seperator bars to replace with half height rasp bars in corn and I got way more whole cobs out the discharge. I have heard of guys removing every other bar from old conventional combines for edible beans. It is hard to believe that only two rows of bars would work in wheat but hey without tring it. One thing for sure is if you are brave enough to try something you should be prepared to switch it back. About the time I wonder if the Gleaner can be taken any further someone pops out a new idea. Sometimes the simplest idea will give awesome results. Many thanks to Gleaner for giving us an awesome machine and the same goes for all of you who have tried this, that, or the other thing to make the Gleaner even meaner.