Combines 1660 rotor speed w disrupters

jalopy

I always run my rotor gearcase in high for beans, speed between 700 up to 800 or more in tough conditions. With it set at max speed in low range you will do nothing but blow rotor belts. Corn rotor in low range, 350 to 450 whatever you get it dialed in at. With disrupters in beans when the conditions are a certain way (usually tough conditions) watch that you don't get a buildup of MOG in the upper left quadrant of your cage, above your grates. But yes disrupters are nearly a necessity with todays tough beans and high yielding corn, I've had them in for 7 years now. Good luck and be safe

D

The speed of the rotor should be no less then 700 when you are in tough conditions but when things are normal you may run normal settings. Many guys don't like to use that fast of a speed in beans because of cracking but in our experience, if your concaves have a good square edge, (1500 hours or less on them) they will not crack your beans. The leading edge on concave bars restricts the flow of crop and the material rubbing on material does the thrashing. Your rotor bars do the feeding only. Here at Estes Mfg. Co. we have been rebuilding combine wear parts for about 30 years. If any of you have any questions please call me. The Disrupter Guy. Ask for Don 1-800-235-4461