Combines 2188 cab filter

farmert

might sound silly but tape the side panel on the rotor underneath it it leaks dirt and helps to plug the filter the 2004 models have a seal and better latch on that panel. I did not beleive it either but it helps

Rusty

I relocated the air filter one time for a guy with a 2166. I just moved the whole assembly straight up and to the outside of the housing it's currently in. The filter ends up being mounted horizontally (instead of vertically) and is situated just in front of the upright portion of the grain tank screen. Had to make a small mouting bracket I think and extend the air hose but really was very simple. The guy was very pleased with the result. Onlt thing is that it may not be quite as pretty as before but more functional.

rod

WE cut a hole in the top of the panel above the filter and then mounted the filter upside down on the front of hopper beside the cab. The flex hose is long enough to fit up through the hole cut in the panel. The mesh on the hopper should be blocked because I think dust from the hopper gets sucked in to the filter from there. I blow my cab out each morning then I climb up on the cab and blow the filter out without taking it out of the holder. It looks ok up there, you don't even notice it. You lose visibility in to the hopper on that side.

Unit_2

I have never figured out why some of you guys are so concerned with keeping that filter clean. I put a new filter on once a year and never, never clean it. When that filter is clean the AC has to cool hot air from outside. When it is filled up the AC gets circulated cool air from inside the cab and it is much more effecient. I keep the filter behind the seat clean so it can get air from there. Years ago when we ran Gleaner combines they had a lever inside the cab that you could flip one way and get fesh air or the other way you got circulated air from inside, we always ran it on circulate because it was much cooler. Most late model cars and pick-ups have an AC setting and a Max AC. AC is hot air from out side and Max AC is circulated cool air from inside. When it gets real hot I'll bet most of you run on Max AC. With that filter plugged this is exactly the same thing. And yes my cab stays just as clean as you guys that clean the filter every day.

farmertim

I'm like you Unit 2. I rarely clean that filter and my cab stays cool even when it's 95 to 100 degrees. The only problem I have is the windows fogging up ,outside when it's hot, inside when it's cold and always when the sun goes down. Any suggestions IJ Thanks, Tim

wetgrain

We put new snaps on the rotor acess door on the right side it seemed to help ou a little bit. Also our dealership gave us a new filter I guess that some people have been using, it help out to keep the cab cleaner. good luck

Unit_2

Farmertim, On my 03 2388s the CIH engineers finally got the defroster figured out. When my windows fog up I switch the AC over to defrost and it clears up right away. I also found that if you close the vents on the sides of the corner post so they don't blow cold air on the windows they won't fog up as much.

farmertim

Unit 2, I finally figured out the vent part, I just can't figure out how to keep it from fogging up when it's cold outside, besides keeping the a_c on,then it really gets cold in there.