Combines 2366 won t raise head

M__Gorden

It sounds to me like your main hydraulic pump is worn to the point it needs replacing. As the oil warms up it is bypassing inside the worn pump. Bypassing oil will generate more heat and make the oil thinner which will bypass more yet. I had a 1680 do just as you described and a new pump fixed the problem.

TomP

I have been having a similar problem with my 1460. Replacing the pump didn't solve my problem. The header raise valve had a piece come apart in it. I'm still fighting header problems. The valve stack has been off 3 times, and flushed out. We keep finding little pieces getting stuck in valves. I hope it is your pump, it is an easy fix. You may also want to check the screen at the inlet of the valve stack. Good luck.

TomP

My email is tcprobst@lcom.net I can't figure out how to change it in the registery

leroy

Had this problem on a 1680 with three cylinders on it in 1989 dealer replaced pump still didn't work they had to shim the relief valve with a thin shim. Didn't take much.

FATS

Header height is also controled by the pot on the top of the feeder house. Can you raise the head by manually pushing in on the center of the solenoid on the header valve. Has the pot come loose. Have you gone through the calibration procedure over a ditch in the owners manual.

shellman

2000 series axial flows utilize a pfc piston pump rather than gear pumps that previous machines did. I would agree that it sounds like internal leakage and_or oil thinning out as it warms up is most likely responsible for the problem. Would suggest that you change oil back to hy-tran ultra and see if the problem disappears. Diagnostic ports for pump performance are provided right on the valve stack behind the left hand door. One is for signal that turns the pump on and the other is pump output. With an 8 row head and if high pressure standby happens to be slightly low you may not be able to raise the head. Rember that the pfc pump had a built in leak due to being a piston pump. I would bet that if you have a technician check high pressure standby and bring it up to the upper spec your problem might disappear. E-mail me if you have further questions.