Combines 330 head wheat coming over top of auger

camshaft

By gosh I think you've hit the nail on the sweet spot, Rolf. That is exactly what is happening with my header, I slow down for the heavier spots and it feeds perfectly. I remember sitting in the cab wondering why the wheat comes around the auger where it is lighter. An easy fix too, a little larger drive sprocket will do it. Rolf, I owe you a beer, don't let me forget. later.........Cam

Dan

We have added a length of 1_2 X 1 1_2 channel iron in front of present stripers on a bunch of machines. I think most 400 heads allready have this. I have a couple machines where we added another channel in front of that one for a very uncommon straw condition. The next thing that may hold back your speed it straw standing in front of fingers and for that we install 4" flighting all the way to centerline of feeder. A step beyond that is to weld keystock to that 4" flighting on the pressure side which will aid in pulling straw down and clearing finger area. We but the keystock against drum and bring to within an inch of top of flighting every approx 12". These upgrades greatly increase capacity of the old 300 heads.