Combines 4400 closer to maiden voyage

Tom_S

JD necktie! You used to be IH red. Oh well like I said there really is not any bad domestic machinery. look on the right side reel lift cyl. If it is cessna or similar cylinder like my Massey, there should be a small plug to bleed them with. Put a little lift pressure on the reel and crack the plug. It will get more level after you use it some.The more I watch your story, the more I want to go after those 3300's I saw. I love to put machinery back into service! Tom

The_Red

Tom I was bi-tractoral before. I just didn't let it out of the shed. I had 2 JD Bs back in 1990 but got over Farmalled at the time. The reel height lever didn't want to budge but I will try your advice. I wonder if that valve is stuckIJ Good luck on the 3300s. Parts will be a tad more difficult to find though.

Tom_S

Wish I could advise more on the reel height lever. You are probably right about parts for the 3300's. But there are two of them. Then again, there still is that F Gleaner sitting by the hiway. It has two heads. Oh well, reading about it is just about as much fun. Maybe after the first of the year, I could find something to sell. Then maybe! Tom S.

The_Red

I think you could go with either model and be satisfied in finding parts. Are the 3300s diesel or gasIJ

Tom_S

Diesel. Didn't I send you a couple of photos of the one with a corn headIJ Incidentially, how about that big fire in Indy yesterday. We saw it on the news here in Tn. Was it close to youIJ Tom

The_Red

Tom, I think you did send pixs. Fire was 2 miles north of the downtown business district and we were upwind. One mean fire though. Every agency in creation is on that site today gathering evidence and asking why so many harmful chemicals were on that site.

Tom_S

I know that fire was bad by what was on the news. You could see the explosions.Got to run for now, but will be waiting for next in the series of 'The Red Green Combine Show'. Be careful and don't break any more glass! OKIJ Ouch! Tom

The_Red

The next challenge is to move the combine another 25 feet to get it out of the back lot without eating a tire. I am in the red zone now as they call it in football. The front of the lot is a mess.