Combines 60 series engines

john

SOUNDS lIKE DEERE HAS PRODUCED THERE OWN 8010 TYPE PROBlEMS. HAHAHA

greenstrat

what motor did you have in your 9660IJ Deere's warranty is second to none and I am sure they will get it going very quickly. gs

Wind

Have not heard many problems with the 12.5. The issue is with the 8.1. Symptoms always seem to be the same, problems with n5 or n6 rod journal on the crank. The dampener problem was short term and most got replaced before any failure occured. The further issue is with a minor radius issue on the crank machining and a major issue with heat treat. These things are going to be big trouble before all is said and done.

farmert

just the way the world is the more than likely moved production over seas of the crank and rods and thats what you get. as for the 8010 crack it's not over till the fat lady sings

dakota

Many custom harvesters lost engines this summer with very similar problems. Rumors has it that over 180 combine engines were replaced, together with tractors, sprayers, etc. that all share the 8.1l engine it might be over 300. A dealer service tec guessed that Deere increased the oil journal in the crankshaft at n6 cylinder. So much for the grape vine stories. Ralf

CORNKING

Kind of funny Deere was talking smart about our 8010, how they were going to bring out 9860 to go against the 8010 now that we got the 8010 working where are theyIJ Could it be there in the shop replacing engines or are they just plain scared. Were here and waiting let see your turned up 9660 Deere.

bundy

Funny I don't recall you being so cocky this time last year with your wizz bang combine. Wizz to one end of a field and BANG!! you spend the rest of the day fixing it. What is it they say about those who live in glass housesIJIJIJ

Case_Farmer

I wonder if john Deere will come out with a new engine soon... Perhaps one that if you scrape a lil bit on the block you see red paint...IJIJIJ Not that they would ever do such a thing as copy a design but..... :)

cycl

Do you think everyone who had an engine fail went to Mother Deere and said I am going to go buy a red combine or will they just keep on buying green. Because if CIH had this issue the first thing out of the owners mouth would be I am going to buy a JD. I just don't understand the mind set of the yellow wheeled fans. Can John Deere ever do wrong and if so will you keep buying their product and whyIJ Is it their marketingIJ I don't know, just my thoughts. Not trying to start a war.