Combines 60 series engines

Big_Al

Hey all you Deere guys it is about time Deere came out with another lemon I am sure you all rember the 8850 John Deere tractor with that diesel V8 engine they were not Deere's greatest piece of work. So I think it is time Deere has another minor set back I mean hey if everything they made was perfect us non Deere owners would have no fodder for coffee shop talk lOl. But seriously if you guys are having these major engine problems Deere had better do right by you guys because with what these machines cost you can't afford having them go down at peak times. For the record on the harvest run I personally know of 3 60 series Deere engines going out on the run. But I don't run Deere so you guys that are close to the company would know more

greenstrat

Think about it, how many billions of bucks in new engineering, randd, new factory tooling, parts stock, etc. would it take to make a singe machine per classIJ Not enough buyers for each size. Just the way it is.. I can't figure out why any of them build more than just two sizes. Someday there may be only oneIJ looks like fewer and much larger farmers every year so the manufacturers are just going with the flow. gs

MostlyGreen

You're right! When I took the Deere Combine Plant tour they were producing 3 sizes of conventionals, the CTS PlUS the 9880STS's were starting to be produced for the European market, with the 9750's and 9650's to follow shortly. The host of the tour indicated that there was a huge deficiency in simply switching from model to model on the production line, let alone the added tooling costs, RandD, etc. These costs, as always, are passed-off to the farmer.