600 or 2000

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
So, President Trump signed the relief package with a $600 stimulus payment to individuals. He wants a $2000 payment. The House passed that today. It goes to the Senate tomorrow. Do you think it will pass? I am not holding my breath.

Petal to the Metal

Petal to the Metal

Golden Chicken
I hope it passes. I know so many people who could really use the help. Churches and charitable organizations are tapped out at the moment. Any financial help is wonderful.

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
If enough people tell the Senate leaders "We're watching you", it will pass. They don't want to be voted out because they declined us more money.

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
I hope it passes. I'm still upset at the Congressmen and Congresswomen getting in line for a COVID-19 vaccine who wouldn't wear a mask. Shame on them.

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
If enough people tell the Senate leaders "We're watching you", it will pass. They don't want to be voted out because they declined us more money.
Well, I don't know if you've seen the centrist news about it or not, but the Senate Republican leaders are too busy trying to throw a coup to care much about us regular folks. They're actually going to challenge the votes! Trump was caught on tape pressuring a Georgia election official to find more votes for him. Trump admitted to it! And yet, they're still filing lawsuits and fighting the election results. I'm fuming! Remember when the banks went bankrupt and needed bailing out years ago? That was a big crisis, right? They got the money they needed. Now, well, it's more important to overthrow democracy than it is to make sure that Americans don't die and that they aren't thrown out into the streets. Too bad we aren't banks.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
They're actually going to challenge the votes! Trump was caught on tape pressuring a Georgia election official to find more votes for him. Trump admitted to it!
On the one hand, Trump still believes he won the election and hopes that the result gets overturned. On the other, he is pushing for a higher stimulus payment amount. What a year this has been for American democracy!

Gardenry

Farm Hand
On the one hand, Trump still believes he won the election and hopes that the result gets overturned. On the other, he is pushing for a higher stimulus payment amount. What a year this has been for American democracy!
He doesn't really believe he won the election. Come on! A man who thinks he won, wouldn't be begging people to help him overturn the results. I thought Almost Eden was exaggerating, then I found the actual tape. Yikes! I pray America will still have democracy once this is all over. A higher stimulus check can't buy freedom!

I'm no Biden fan, but this is as ridiculous as it is dangerous!

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
The Senate Republicans want to be sure that the people that need the help are getting it, not people who don't need it. I understand where they are coming from, after all our grandkids will be paying these bailouts back.
I wish there was a way that you could prove that you were directly affected by COVID-19 and then you could apply for the $2000.

Birdie

Golden Chicken
The Senate Republicans want to be sure that the people that need the help are getting it, not people who don't need it.
I thought that had already been determined based on income. Whether someone was affected or not by COVID-19 financially the reality is that someone with money can ride it out easier than someone without money. I thought they'd already determined those rules; am I wrong? From what I thought, my husband and I wouldn't qualify because our income is above the threshold. That sounds fair to me. We aren't struggling. I'd hate to take the money when someone else really needs it. Have I misunderstood? I'm not much for politics to be honest.

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
I haven't been effected by Covid, loss of job or anything else. I'm not struggling so I don't care about the issue too much. What Almost Eden said though was right on the money. Politicians are more concerned with keeping their jobs than giving the people who need the money........the money. That stinks to high heaven.

I hope the $2,000 passes. I may not be struggling, but so many others are and it doesn't seem fair that they should because none of this is their fault.