Combines 72 Questions for Dan

Dan

n1 Yes if you have a earlier R72 liquid without double wall exhaust pipe where it goes threw the hood you need to get the split pipe that can be wraped around pipe and then clamped on. Also the newer machines have a plate that clamps onto that double wall pipe that seals against hood. You could look in later parts manuals to find these parts. I think there is a couple of service bullitons on the split pipe that will clamp onto your exhaust pipe. I don't no of any fires on hood when double walled. n2 The cover acomplishes the same thing as Gleaner cover kit and it will fit the newer adjustable sep. grate way better than Gleaner kit. The grate I am having loewen make is chromed, it has the retaining hardware countersunk into cover, and will fit older or newer seperator grates. Gleaner cover has retaining hardware exposed to wear from crop flow and is not chromed. All wires need to be pulled from sep. grate before installing. Cylinder does not need to be pulled to install. Cover will surely help prevent grinding the sunflower heads and stalks. We have left cover in for our corn with no problem but we take corn on the dry side and seldom does it yeild over 150 bu.I would consider cover plate for top of front thresher concave and even the rear to prevent grinding sunflower heads and stalks for a A-1 sample even in wet flowers. I have lots of guys who made their own covers for thresher concaves. It's in my plans to get together with loewen to make plans to roll out these cover plates. n3 Yes I would certainly remove rev. bars for sunflowers and try keep them out for any other crop. If there is a problem with crop loss there is better ways to control it. like half height or steggered height sep. cylinder bars and or stationary rasp bars fastened on sep. side. Not to mention standard ways to reduce losses and don't be afraid of going to far extremes from recommended op. manual settings. n4 We install mostly shimmed out 68" pitch helicals with a couple extras. We shim the steep pitch (68") out with 1_8" flat iron and use a slightly different configureation the Gleaner shows in the instruction kit. Steep pitch could cause uncontrolable losses in some crops like high yielding wet corn ect. Allways chromed. If just a couple are to be replaced we stay with std. for they do work well. We have helical extended over corner of feeder housing on most machines that we've been around. n5 Yes we are in Hoople ND USA Add the 1_8" X 1.5" addhesive back camper foam inbetween rotary screen saw tooth blades and side wall to also help a bunch with chaff in rad. We have never failed a mainshaft bearing but we got that nut up specs. when new and checked after some run in on all our machines. We did replace a couple with well over 1000 hrs. for they were getting noisy. If some one lost a second bearing shortly after replacing I would bet that nut was not tight when first bearing went and the hub that presses against the inner race of bearing is damaged from bearing turning on shaft and eroding away the hub. Wewww that was a mouth full. Happy harvesting. Dan

Dan

Yes the old heads will fit right on our '99's that have no lateral tilt. The factory installed lateral tilts must automatically come with a wide mount so you have to use the newer heads that are adjustable to wide. We are not in lateral tilt country so I know nothing about them. Do you like the EZ cut sickleIJ We had to install standard sickle on some for the EZ cut wouldn't cut the green stems at speed. The SCH we got on one machine worked fine in grain and looks great for beans. Hope you enjoy your new setup. Dan