Combines 8 Row corn head on R52

T__langan

Easily - especially if you incorporate some of the mods discussed here. Have your fuel pump calibrated - made a world of difference on our '93 52. I wouldn't have wanted to try an 8 row before that but now she'd handle it quite well. We were running at least 6 mph in 190 bu corn this fall with a six row. An eight row would be nice to slow the ground speed down a bit. Good luck!

Silver_Bullet

We have run an 8-30 cornhead on an R-50 for several years. Handles it quite well. We run 5 mph. in 120 bushel corn without pushing it. We run 4 mph. in 150 bu. corn and 2.7-3.0 in 200 bushel corn. This is all at 16% moisture or less. Since the R-52 has, I believe, 30 hp. or more than an R-50, I think you will have a very balanced operation going.

T__langan

We use the standard round tooth corn chaffer. If we are filling a silo, we run without the seive to gain shoe capacity since perfectly clean corn ain't a necessity. The small shoe on the 40 - 52 can be deceiving - with the accelerator rolls, there is a lot less trash getting to the shoe than on the conventionals since most of it is blown out the back before hitting the shoe. The only place that may slow you down is steep side slopes. That is where the big, wide shoes on the 60_62 would be nice to have. Even still, you'll see a lot better prrrrrrformance than your M3. We did the same thing, traded an M3 for an R40 for 1_2 season, then an R50. Hang on to your britches and cut her loose - don't try to hold her back. These rotary Gleaners perform at there best when running at full capacity and the 8 row will be comfortable on a 52. The Hyper Harvest guys have developed a "Super Chaffer" where you cut the front six or so rows of fingers loose from the rest, make a control rod and lever for them so they can be adjusted wider open than the middle section to give additional capacity and a cleaner sample. We haven't tried that yet on ours - we're 'fraid we'd hafta run in road gear! Best of luck!