Combines 8570 in wheat

looking

Rob, I am in the same boat as you and will be watching for responces. Just bought a c_bean 8570 and want to run wheat and get long straw. Now I have a late 550 hydro. cream puff for sale. Ken

NDJ

I owned an 8570 for 3 yrs, never wanted straw from behind machine but the owners manual tells how many knives are suggested for wheat. Have read of some taking out rotor knives and having good results with straw from behind the 8570. I think you will enjoy the machine once you get the bugs worked out. Which serpentine belt are you talking aboutIJIJ I had a problem with the machine drive belts on left hand side of machine. I discovered that the idler pully was out of allingnment and wore out a new belt in 1 day before adjusting the bracket on the idler pully.

Rob

The belt I was talking about runs the alternator, fan, etc. What do you do with your strawIJ I already enjoy this machine, it is so much nicer than the White.

NDJ

We just run it through the chopper and incorporate it with chisel plow for next year. We are not in a no till area but have gone to some minimum tillage in the fall and try to use Concord air till drill in the spring without spring tillage.

roadie

Check the belt tensioner where it bolts to the block. have found some not mounted correctly, if so you'll have to scrap the scale that has built up there before reinstalling.

farmer_at_heart

It's probably the spring idler tension pulley bushing get's wore and start's eating belts.As for a flex header there should be u-bolts to hold leaf springs under the table.If you take them off and jack up cutterbar and put u-bolt back on the other way it lock's the cutterbar to rigid. may also have to move reel up.As combine setting's go though the work Put in filler rod's in concaves if corn sieves are in,only run 9 knives on drum if saving it to bale,put solid small grain plate on top of concaves,make certain concave is close to the rotor and centerized.Take your time and set windboard and sieves and you'll do as good or better than any conventional out there.

JERRY

We have an 8560 and have had the same problem with the belt. We found the it is really difficult to get the alignment right. We put a spacer washer on the alternator and this helped a lot. We are reasonably happy with the machine but in the next year we are probably looking to get a bit newer machine with a bit more capacity. The most annoying thing you should watch for is the bearing on the end of the engine housing that runs the combine. It has no grease fitting. We have replaced it twice.Fortunately antiseize made getting the second one out a lot easier. Towing to the shop is no fun. Extra belt vibration is a warning that the problem is developing. It has a dust buildup around it and can quickly start a fire that is hard to reach!After we replaced it the second time THEN the dealer told us they now sell one for that application that can be greased.