Combines 8820II Horsepower

Sawdust

Canecutter, just out of curiousity what do you combine that would

ilovegreen

i know the screen you are talkin about. shortly after we got our combines we forgot to put the fuel cap on after filling. beleive me the chaff falls right in the fuel tank. after about a couple of years the filter finially stays clean. its sure is a messy job to clean

canecutter

i know what screen both of you are talking about and that is not the problem. seems as if the motor is weak, not choking down as it does when the sediment bowl is stopped up. not enough power in green corn and tough stem soybeans. need to know the best way to get some more horses, once again, can larger injectors be addedIJ will this helpIJ

High_Rise

The injectors will squirt all the fuel you need. They are not the problem. If the filters are all clean, then the rack setting is too low in the governor. If the pump has been replaced or the motor has been replaced from a salvage yard then this is common. Just turn the screw in about a half a turn and try it again. Takes a 10mm wrench I think to get the cover off of the back of the pump and loosen the lock nut on the smokescrew inside. Believe me, you will be able to get more power than a 9000 series can be made to produce thanks to the e-governor.

Patrick

Some of the new 7720_8820 combines I sold were low in power because the SHUTOFF CABlE was too far through the control arm at the injection pump.