Combines 9500 Conveyoring Augers Slip Clutch

95man

Are all of your bearings goodIJ Do you have the conveying augers rubbing on their pans, is there anything inside the machine that is wrapped around the augersIJ What crops do you run inIJ

Kiwi_Cornman

Yes all auger bearings are OK and the augers seem to be

15_40

On both our 9600's, the grease zerk on the augers slip clutch doesn't take grease very well or at all. Just wondering how yours takes grease. The book says not to over grease.

95man

On the 7700 in own, the conveyor auger is pretty much the same setup as the 9000 series. The grease zerk on the pulley greases the shaft so if the clutch slips, the shaft won't get worn by the pulley, which will still be spinnning. On the 7700, I replaced all of the bearings which were of the sealed type, so all the zerk is for is the spinning shaft.

KCC

I have two 9600's and I have the same problem...tried greasing alot...dirt mixes with grease and wears out fast....tried greasing minimum.....shaft still wears out fast....tried not greasing at all...shaft wears out fast...there is alot of torque on this shaft from belt and it really needs to be redesigned in my opinion....just my two sents