Combines 9650 sts over 9750 sts

deere1

Good idea yes it is possible even though Deere doesn't reccomend it you have to put bigger lift cylinders on the feederhouse and some other changes It is possible I have seen It done

Wind

From the looks of the machines, the frame is the same and many other components.

greenfever

OK, I not here to argue, I do know it takes more horsepower to run a rotary, but it sure seem like our 9750 sts had horsepower to spare even in 220 bushle an acre corn or 70 bushle an acre on drilled soybeans even in weed patches or when it started to damp out. There is only 35 horsepower difference between the to combines but I know the power bulge is there to help trough the tough times and unloading on the go, but we do feel if that power bulge wasn't there it wouldn't really make any difference to our 9750sts. Also we use to have two 2188 Case IH combines and my dad and my two oldest brothers said they handled our john deere 12 row 30" corn heads and row crop heads just fine.

customcutter

One important thing to keep in mind is that you had the 12-row in corn, where most combines, no matter what size of head is on it, are over powered simply because corn doesn't take the amount of horsepower soybeans or wheat would. It threshes easily and very little material (ideally, anyway) is running through the machine. Really, the clean grain elevator is about the only thing that works harder in corn. So it doesn't surprise me that a 2188 would handle a 12-row in corn. Rotors take more power, yes. But "more power" in corn means something different than in most crops.

greenfever

It is nice to hear what you people have to say on this subject. More then likely we won't trade combines till next summer. Hopefully the farm economy will be better by then or before then. We hope to hear more on your comments and opinions. Thanks

Nicky

The 2388 Case IH in tough wheat conditions in sounthern Manitoba in 25 feet of swath will run anywhere from 3-4 mph. In the evenings when the straw gets tough I'm down to 2-2.5 mph. By now its making an awful noise in the stonetrap and_or rotor area. I'm wondering about a JD 9650 STS, does it have the same problemIJ Is the noise thereIJ Does it have more staying power in tough conditionsIJ

Cowboy

Don't know about the JD but a TX 66 would be picking that swath up at 6 to 8 mph. and not be slowing down when it gets real tough.

bm

Yes, it will handle your 12-row head just fine like your 2188s, but what Deere is saying that it doesn't RECOMMEND it. However it will work, but you won't be able to go as fast as you should. Deere wants you to be able to run 6mph no problem and you won't be able to do so with only a 9650sts. On the plus side, if you're unloading on the go with a 9650sts, you'll be glad to know that Deere offers an automatic power boost that Case doesn't. Hope this helps out your decision.

bm

Yes, it will handle your 12-row head just fine like your 2188s, but what Deere is saying that it doesn't RECOMMEND it. However it will work, but you won't be able to go as fast as you should. Deere wants you to be able to run 6mph no problem and you won't be able to do so with only a 9650sts. On the plus side, if you're unloading on the go with a 9650sts, you'll be glad to know that Deere offers an automatic power boost that Case doesn't. Hope this helps out your decision.