Combines AFX8010 Factory Warranty Extension

nbterveen

ITEMS NOT COVERED: Cylinder heads, engine blocks, injection pump and fuel system components, non-lubricated parts, oil seals, oil pan, oil pump and cooler, turbocharger, valve cover, valve and valve guides, water pump, oil consumption, engine problems resulting from coolant contamination not promptly repaired at the owners expense, flywheel housing, and electronic parts like computers and controllers.

nbterveen

Customers must use only the manufacturers approved lubricants, filters, and coolants, and they must be purchased from a CNH dealer. Customers must purchase fluid sample kits from their CNH dealer. Customers must pay to have kits shipped to the Ultra Shield lab after sampling. Customers must strictly follow the procedure for drawing fluid samples at all specified service intervalsengine oil, hydraulic oil, MFWD axle (center section and both hubs),and coolantin order to maintain qualification in the program. Customers must comply with any specific maintenance recommendations made after the fluid samples are shipped to the lab at the owner's expense, including additional sampling requests, which CNH reserves the right to require. Customers must maintain a logbook. Customers must have coupons validated for every service interval to prove they have serviced the tractor in accordance with the program and operator's manual. Customers must have the tractor inspected each year by the dealer at the expense of the customer. Customers must pay a $500.00 deductible per visit should a failure occur. Customers can only transfer the agreement once in the 10-year period.

nbterveen

Is the program really freeIJ No! The program is not free, as CNH would like customers to believe. Customers, as mentioned above, must pay for the test kits, for the shipping of the test kits, and a yearly dealer inspection. Those costs can mount up quickly. For example, by following the service recommendations found in the Ultra Shield program manual for an MX large row-crop tractor over a 10-year_10,000-hour period and assuming: 500 hours per year use, $200.00 yearly inspection fee, and a kit shipping cost of $3.00 per service interval, customers can expect total administrative costs in the $3,500.00 dollar range. These program administration costs do not include the cost of engine oil, engine filters, hydraulic oil, hydraulic filters, and other associated consumable items used for maintenance. In the end, the CNH customer will spend roughly $3,500.00 for the OPPORTUNITY to service their tractor over 10 years_10,000 hours on top of the normal maintenance costs. That is hardly a free program. However, CNH dealers have been promoting the red Ultra Shield and blue Customer Care programs as 10,000-hour free warranty programs. But, as you can see from the information listed above, these programs are not warranties; they are limited in coverage and are far from free. For a customer to obtain his or her investment out of the Ultra Shield or Customer Care program, they would have to get a premium in the used market equal to or better than the dollars spent in administration fees. Unfortunately, most competitive tractors do not command that type of premium in the used market place. Thus, the customer could actually lose money by participation in the CNH programs.

Brian

I'm told 10 year 10,000 program comes from Cenex. I guess Cenex is the manufacture of Case-NewHolland lubricants. Cenex offers this program to all its customers free of charge regardless of the brand you have. We currently have it on Buhler 2210, Cat 45 and R-72. You can get in on the program with used equipment too. It is awesome. A neighbor has been using it too. He has had two engines go out, one on an 8110 the other a 9400 and they have covered all expenses on both. All you pay for is the oil sample kits at $12_bottle. So for $36_year or so (300 hour interval)we have 100% coverage on engines. Program covers other components as well.

running_red

where are you getting your info, Cenex does not make any CNH oils, they are made by Viscosity Oil.

combinejockey

Nope they are made by Cenex...I have seen the jugs and barrels being filled 3 ft from my eyes in Minneapolis. Hy-tran was being filled at the time but seen several boxes of labels for the CNH lubricants.

running_red

here is a viscosity web site, was the place you were a a filling station or did they make it.if they make it i would say viscosity started making cenex oil.

Brian

Got my info from Cenex dealer...I'm not 100% sure he is right. However, since CNH warrenty offer was nearly the same as was Cenex was already offering their clients I asked him whay so similarIJ He said we make their lubricants.