Combines AFX8010 Factory Warranty Extension

shellman

Might be compounded and packaged in a Cenex plant, but you can bet that it is done to Viscosity Oil's specifications and recipie. There are a limited number of compounding plants and most have excess capacity. When a company such as Viscosity needs product they will advertise for a bid for so many gallons of oil is cetain containers, but it is with THEIR FORMUlATION not the winning bid plant's. For example I have been to the Shell plant in Woodriver, Il a number of times and have seen numerous other brands of containers on the like. Gurantee that the formulation is not the Shell product, but rather the customer's spec.

Brian

You may very well be right. Only points I tried to make were 1) you can get virtually the same warrenty program on any brand of tractor (they also cover combines and choppers etc...) through Cenex new or used as you would through CNH. 2) CNH offers this program through Cenex. Oil samples are sent to the same place. I can not remember all the details of the program but could look up all the specifics if any one is interested in Cenex program. As for CNH specifics, I recall when dealing on TG255 that they were similar to Cenex's. My Cenex dealer claims both brands of lubricants are from the same spigot but I couldn't care less as long as the warrenty is there to back it up.

Doc_Holiday

Same old song and dance.... Double Circle Co-Op had that same program years and years ago. I would really like to hear from someone who has had a "claim" involving this program. Seems to me that the farmer will have to prove that the lubricant is the sole cause of the failure. I can tell you that if proper care (oil changes, greasing and maintaining proper fluid levels)is taken of a piece of equipment there is pratically no chance of a lubrication related failure. If the drain plug falls out of your tractor you are still sol. The rare occurance would be if by some odd chance a bad batch a oil was produced and distributed. And even if that happened more then likely the sampling would catch it before there was a problem. If someone thinks that Case (or Cenex or whoever) is going to overhaul their engine for free if it needs it before the tach hits 10,000 hrs they are very much mistaken. A engine (or transmission) wearing out is not a result of lubricant failure. Doc Holiday

sidewinder

The best thing I see with the Cenex Warrenty is there oil can be used in any brand of equipment. They will warrenty any brand or make of equipment and all you have to do is follow the OEM guidelines for manintance. CNH oil will only warrenty CNH equipment. If you have other brands of equipment then you end up with different brands of oil on the place. Much simpler to only have one brand of oil around.

Brian

I can get you the name of a farmer who has had a claim and I'm sure he will gladly share his info with you.

Northwoods_farmin

I've had several claims on the cenex warranty paid out on failures, including hydraulic pump failures and transmission. As long as the work is done by an authorized service dealer (most implements qualify) and not your brother in law the warranty is pretty darn good, better than the OEM warranty in most cases. A check for repair costs comes within a month of submitting an invoice.