Combines Another Gleaner E question

Aar

I am thinking that a 30' head on an R-72 would run over less beans even with big tires than an E with a narrower head. Now, if you are going to plant the beans in 30" rows and have 18.4 or smaller tires on the E, then it'd make sense.

DannyBoy

The old Gleaner were built_designed right out there in Wheat Country. You bet it'll run it. Now I see you point on the small tires and light Weight of the E. I'd be nice if you had a 12 ft header for it. But I bet it has a 10 ft. Does the ol Girl have 16" tire's if so. And you could drive good and straight. I wouldn't do damage the to beans. Is he only doing a small plot to test the conceptIJ If he's doing a large amount of acres the E will be slow go'n. But, it get the Job done if you can keep it running. Dad back in 60's-early 70's Dad ran 40-60 acres of wheat and 20-30 acres of oats per year with an E with a 12 ft header. Right here W_C Ind. Goog luck

DannyBoy

The old Gleaners were built_designed right out there in Wheat Country. You bet it'll run it. Now I see your point on the small tires and light Weight of the E. I'd be nice if you had a 12 ft header for it. But I bet it has a 10 ft. Does the ol Girl have 16" tire's if so. And you could drive good and straight. It wouldn't do damage the to beans. Is he only doing a small plot to test the conceptIJ If he's doing a large amount of acres the E will be slow go'n. But, it'll get the Job done if you can keep it running. Dad, back in 60's-early 70's Dad ran 40-60 acres of wheat and 20-30 acres of oats per year with an E with a 12 ft header. Right here W_C Ind. Goog luck

The_Red

37 acres. This is only a test plot concept. I do not know at this time what size tires are on the E. It in fact has the 10 foot grain table which is in very good shape, though choked in weeds at the moment. Thanks for the input folks. If I can pick this off for $200 I might bite on it and factor in another $1,000 for surprises. It last combined in 1990 and the tires are still up.

oldman

Back in the early days we ran an EII with a 10 foot header. It done a good job at about 3mph I think, but after 3 years we had some bearing problems on the main seperator shaft, messed up the shaft, also the ones on the feeder beater didn't last to long.