Combines Aws vs Crary for flex head in soys and trade valueIJ

CQ_Stripper

Crary is heavy, noisy and broken down most of the time as it has way to many moving parts driving the reel. AWS would have to be the go because you can use a std pickup reel which is far superior.

strawwalker

Go Crary if you can afford it..it's a bit more money but well worth it. I've had mine for 6 years(average 1200 acres_year beans and grain) with no problems whatsoever

FR

Go with a Crary had one for three years lots of acres and no problems none.

Farkle

I have run a Crary since 1989 and have had very little problem with them. Personnaly I would never have a tube out front like an AWS. Gets in the way for wheat harvest and shatters way too many beans ahead of the knife and I can't imagine what visibility would be like. The only true air reel on the market is a Crary and all of the stories you hear or read about excessive noise, breakdowns and ware are all nonsense. It is machinery and needs no more attention then any other equipment. And as far as cost goes, price your platform from your dealer without a reel and adding a Crary finger air reel against adding an AWS to a new platform with the OEM reel. I am sure you will find that there is not a lot of difference in total cost in the end and I am positive you will be much more satisfied with a Crary finger air reel.

machinery_dealer

In my opinion AWS is the way to go. From a dealership perspective we find the Crary's very expensive to rebuild for resale. In fact side by side a head with a crary is worth the same money as one with a factory reel with no air. The factory reel is by far more superior and the AWS system is a whole lot simpler and can be easily removed and installed on another head.