Beans... so many to choose from

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
This next year we are going to expand our bean section in our garden. We are going to plant green, yellow, wax and soy beans. We usually just grow green beans so wish us luck. Is there anything I need to know about growing soy beans?

Henderson

Henderson

Golden Chicken
They're easy-to-grow so you shouldn't have any problems. You can even grow them in containers. Are you planning to export them or are these for home use?

ARC55

ARC55

Farm Hand
I had to give up on my soybeans last season. I lost them to pests. Many insects feed off these things and I didn't want to use an insecticide because I was afraid of hurting the bees. Definitely be on the look out for pests!

Almost Eden

Almost Eden

Bean Stalker
Soybeans are a great choice! If you want to maximize your yield, get them into the ground as early as possible. Soybeans are photoperiod sensitive and will yield more if exposed to long periods of sunlight. They will produce pods until they're killed by frost. It's a very rewarding plant.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
We had great luck with our soy beans last season. Towards the end of the season we had been invaded by pests! Just get them in early and keep a watch out for pests.

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
We grow many different types of beans too. We grow what we eat, not to sell. We haven't ever tried soy beans but from reading these comments we will probably start, they seem easy. Good luck on your new adventure in soy!

jack

jack

Farm Hand
Yes, they are easy to grow, but you may want to consider later-maturing varieties since, unlike the early-maturing ones, they are less susceptible to imbibitional chilling. Again, it is advisable to plant early to increase yields.

Camoo4

Camoo4

Farm Hand
We don't plant soy beans. I don't like them and we tend to only plant foods we will eat (in our garden). We do plant green and yellow beans.

Question, where do garbanzo beans come from?