Bears in your area?

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
We went out for a ride today on our side-by-side and we came close to a black bear. We don't see them often. I'll be honest and say that they fascinate me! Anyone have problems on their farms with bear?

Desi

Desi

Golden Chicken
Oh yeah, we have black bear around here too. I've seen them traveling through our woods. The most damage they have done is tear apart the garbage and rip down my bird feeders.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
We went out for a ride today on our side-by-side and we came close to a black bear. We don't see them often. I'll be honest and say that they fascinate me! Anyone have problems on their farms with bear?
We have bears here. My neighbor left me a note a few weeks ago that they saw a bear. Luckily we've never had any problems with them.

Demeter

Demeter

Farm Hand
No, and I would be horrified if I came across one because I could see my dog going after it if he thought the family was under threat. I bet it was a gorgeous beast though.

Roo4

Roo4

Farm Hand
Gorgeous is right! I'm always fascinated by them. A few years back we had a momma and cubs about a mile from the farm. It was great. We went down when the DEC tagged them.

FarmEnthusiast

FarmEnthusiast

Farm Hand
I am usually fascinated by them too, but I wouldn't want to bump into a bear, let alone get close to it. There are eight bear species in the world, but they aren't all dangerous, right?