Best apps for looking up calories?

Urban Homestead

Urban Homestead

Bean Stalker
Which apps are best for looking up the amount of calories that are in different foods? I'd like to find something that's pretty straightforward and simple to use on my iPhone.

More Green

More Green

Farm Hand
MyFitnessPal. I'm fairly certain it will work with Apple. It's so popular I don't see how it couldn't.

But don't they have calorie counts on the labels?

Chickadee

Chickadee

Farm Hand
I like Lose It! It lets you look up calories for foods and has a barcode scanner for packaged foods. It has a food diary where you can keep track of what you're eating and an exercise log. You can also link some fitness trackers to it.

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
I'm glad I read this one. I've been trying to eat healthier too. I am going to look at those apps too. I also need to find an app to track exercise too.

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
Lol I use the good old notches in the belt method... oh and if my jacket don't zip up anymore I need to eat less.

Melvin

Melvin

Farm Hand
I really like MyFitnessPal, too. I really like that its homepage shows you your recommended daily calorie count as well as how many calories you've consumed that day. The homepage also shows how many calories you've burned that day with exercise. Most fitness trackers can sync with it, which is really helpful.