Bone spurs, plantar fasciitis

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
I've been in foot pain "heck" for months now. I can't walk a lot or workout. At the end of our workday (on the farm) I can barely tolerate the pain. I went to a podiatrist and he diagnosed me with bone spurs and plantar fasciitis. Anyone had either? How did you deal?

MartyR

Farm Hand
I've had plantar fasciitis off and on, but it isn't too bad for me pain wise. I just do some stretches and my feet feel better eventually. I hope you find some relief soon, OP!

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
I've had plantar fasciitis off and on as well. Those stretches really do work. Also, there are inserts for your shoes that really help, as well. Most drug stores sell them. The ones made by Dr. Scholls help.

TammiT

TammiT

Farm Hand
I've had the same as I tried those exercises, meds and heal pads. Nothing worked, so I had to get cortisone shots. I think the problem was that I couldn't rest them enough.

BIGRED

BIGRED

Golden Chicken
Sounds like a lot of us have had this! I also used inserts in my boots and sneakers. I wear sneakers more now than before (good ones with a lot of arch support). Try looking for some good sneakers, I switched to Asics.

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
It's been about a month since I've been having a lot of pain. I bought new sneakers, do stretches and use inserts. How long does it take to feel better? Some days it is great, other days not so great.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Everyone is different, but if you have some great days, it's probably improving. Keep it up, you should feel better soon. The trick is to not ignore it once the pain goes away. Keep using the inserts and keep up the stretching. I made the mistake, the first time I had it, of stopping the stretching and not always using inserts and it came back. But that was years ago, since then I've kept stretching daily and keep inserts in my sneakers (I never wear shoes) and I've never had it come back.