Bookkeeping

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
A friend once told me that they find bookkeeping boring. Do you let someone handle this for you? One thing I have stuck to over the years is to separate farm transactions from personal transactions. I also use accounting software that I update regularly.

Holii

Holii

Farm Hand
We do our own books too. We keep a separate account for our farm versus our personal account. Taxes would be a nightmare if we didn't do this. I love anything business related so to me it's not boring.

RuralFarm

RuralFarm

Farm Hand
I let a professional handle bookkeeping. Working within a budget and avoiding unnecessary expenditures will improve profit margins. A farmer should work with a competent accountant in matters of taxation.

pseag

pseag

Farm Hand
My wife is an accountant so we do everything right here at home. She files our taxes too. This year we are going to look into the many grants that are new to see if any pertain to our farm and expansion.

Syd. L

Syd. L

Farm Hand
I'm a numbers nerd, so I have no issues here. It has to be late at night though when there is no sound to distract me.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
If we had a choice, we would hire a permanent accountant. However, this comes at a cost. Having separate accounts helps farmers have a clear picture of their profit margins.

Charli

Farm Hand
We do our own too. We have separate accounts as well. I'm going to try my hand at our business taxes next year. I have actually signed up for a couple of accounting classes.

Mayfield

Mayfield

Farm Hand
We keep our books but we don't do taxes. Keeping our books is pretty easy. We use a computer accounting system.
I took several accounting classes in school and college.