Burning endless kid energy

GrowPro

GrowPro

Farm Hand
Schools have closed and all of my kids' usual activities have been cancelled, so I have a house with four children who are climbing the walls. They do their chores around here, but it wasn't enough to burn off that energy. Well, this morning I decided to make them an obstacle course inside the house. I made hot lava spots (jump from one piece of tape on the floor to the other) and they have to sneak past an alarm (looped some string throughout the living room and attached some bells. They must make it from one side to the other without making the bell ring). So far, it's keeping them occupied and burning off some energy.

Locksmith

Locksmith

Farm Hand
Some towns have open parks large enough to where you don't have to worry about getting too close to others. Buy some frisbees. Get those little ones running.

greg

greg

Farm Hand
Kids will always have that excess energy, and it is great that you thought about something to keep them busy. Their curiosity could make them come back to you soon to ask for another activity! Do they like being around the farm as well?

Giselle

Farm Hand
This is such a good idea. I think kids nowadays need more outdoor activities. Too much technology for them nowadays that sometimes they just don’t like going outside anymore. Having different ideas to get them burning energy outdoor is indeed a good idea.

Rosebud

Rosebud

Farm Hand
An obstacle course is a cool idea! I'll have to try that one. I usually just send the kids outside to play. I try to play with them as much as I can, but they are pretty decent at entertaining themselves if I have to do some work.

Skyline

Skyline

Farm Hand
Yeah I guess keeping the kids busy is also a good way for both the parents and the kids. I like such an idea and those obstacle courses are just great.