Can You Drive A Farm Truck Without A License

Tristan

Can you drive a farm truck without a license if it's purely from the field to the farm? At what point do you need a CDL?

FarmHand

FarmHand

Golden Chicken
Depends on the state. What state are you in?

The Back 40

The Back 40

Farm Hand
When a vehicle exceeds 26,000 pounds, you need a CDL. This is a national regulation. But yes, each state is little different in regards to .who can drive what where.

Charli1

Charli1

Golden Chicken
If you're driving it on the road, yes. If you're just driving it in the field, I would think not. For insurance purposes I think you would want to be licensed so you have no issues in case of an accident.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
When a vehicle exceeds 26,000 pounds, you need a CDL. This is a national regulation. But yes, each state is little different in regards to .who can drive what where.
I agree with this. However, you are not required to obtain a CDL provided you do not travel beyond 150 air miles and out of the state where the truck is based.

Snow Farmer

Farm Hand
If you're staying on your own private property, you would not need a driver's license. If you are also travelling on others' property, you will probably want liability insurance, question is, do you have to be licensed to drive in order to insure the vehicle. If you are driving someone elses vehicle they might not be insured if you are not licensed.