Combines case ih headers

fox

I have an auger for a 1083 head that has been trued and balanced. Also gussets have been added for support. Used it for a spare but have a new 2208. Asking $275. Post if interested.

Oly

1083 for sale. '86 model, field tracker, water pump bearings. $10,500 West. Iowa

kemo

Has anyone figured out a good way to make a 1020 with linkage style height control (2002 models) work on a older combineIJ For one, the idiot engineers reversed the wires so the head calls for down and it goes up more. There is a wiring adaptor as part of a kit, but not sold separately. Then with the wires reversed, the head is too sensative and bounces constantly. Sensativity switch in the cab won't control it. Any good fixes for this so we can use our 1660 with this headIJ

C

I put a 930 JD flex head on my 2188. This is the best thing that could ever happen. I love this JD header. I can adjust my header angle on the feederhouse and tip my knife on the header( IH doesn't have this). My customers can't believe the job it's doing.

alan

Anyone have an 863 in good mechanical condition they'd like to sellIJ I need one quickly. located in MN.

Was at the Farm Progress Show today, and got to see a Young's Custom Ag Service modified 820 platform running side by side w_ a 1020 and the other manufacturers heads. Was pleased to see the old head working better than any of the new stuff. If you have an 820 head and have been thinking of upgrading to a 1020, I would take a close look at rebuiiding what you have. Just my 2 cents.

Mad_C

I am based in the UK and whenever we buy combines here then the header will always be included with the machine. However, sometimes the headers can be bent _ damaged _ neglected, etc. So that tends to put many people off from buying what is otherwise a very good combine. I see that on your side of the pond you buy the combine and header separate which sounds an interesting concept. I wanted to buy a bigger header here to put on a 1680, but it's impossible to find one unless it's in a breaker's yard. Where do I go to find a good headerIJ Who makes the best onesIJ would anyone be willing to export one to me hereIJ For some reason the original owner wanted a 17ft header on this 1680, and to be honest it really does let the combine down. Any help appreciated. MC

FEEDlOT2

On my 843 cornhead, the spirals have worn to where the shafts have slipped down about 1_2 inch off the gearbox. Can you build these back up with weldIJ Thank you.

lC

Would like to put a 925 Deere head on my 2188 with field tracker. I understand a company called Rektin makes a wiring kit to adapt the auto header height controls. Does anyone have ideas on adapting the field tracker to the deere headIJ

Big_Ben

We have a 1480 That will need a different header. It now has a 22.5 grain platform. I've heard of people having good luck with a JD header, can anyone tell me which Green header is recommended for the red 1480IJ Also what does it take to make the switchIJ Any help would be great.