Combines Cat 480 vs 9750 STS

FarmBuddy

Here's a list of things that a Cat 480 has that a 9750 STS doesn't have. Perhaps there is NO comparison.

kinetic

The CAT is a great machine, nobody can deny that. But having the dealers spread out so far, especially here in the northern US, will keep most guy's on green. CAT does have service units ready to deploy, but in the harvest rush, who has time to wait for a part (ex. Cylinder or Rotor belt) when the dealer has to drive 150 milesIJ I can be at JD in 20 minutes.

TJ

Cdog and Farmbuddy, Why the CAT advertising on this wepageIJIJ It appears that both of you work for CAT.

SilverTurnedGreen

Nice comparison itinerary of these two machines! I am impressed with the CAT myself, having actually seen one working. The price is a little scary for me, though, and the CAT's aren't available in Southwestern Ontario, Canada yet!

Farmbuddy

Kinetic, you have a valid point .. if you do need parts more often.

FarmBuddy

Oooops, TJ, I don't know who CDog is or who you areIJ The request for a the Cat480 vs 9750 STS comparision seemed like a legitimate inquiry or question.

SilverTurnedGreen

I agree kinetic! The CAT is an awesome looking machine and no doubt possesses some great features not found on competitive combines, but if man can build it, man can break it! A TON of prevention won't eliminate that "blue stone" entering the cylinder (or APS) and (perhaps) doing severe damage! Rock traps have been known to fail once in a while! In my case, if I should ever decide to buy a lexion, I will be looking at a 2 hour commute to my nearest CAT dealer. On this trip, I will pass 3 AGCO, 3 Deere, and 2 CASE dealers, all of substantial size and featuring massive parts inventories AND possible loaner machines, should my combine be down for a lengthy period of time!

riceman

Whats that resale value on that Cat againIJ I thought it had only been out for a year or two. How would you know what the resale is "going" to beIJ The Cat corn head comes with metal snouts. Talk about old world technology. Spend that much on a machine, you should get the best there is.

ck

The lexion machines are the best on the market. The 9750 STS here in Canada is $300,000. A 460 lexion is $280,000 with two heads and this includes all options except tracks. If you ask me I think Deere is way overpriced on the 9750 STS for what you get.