Combines cats at auction

m

In one big word service many parts of the country have very poot cat service. As a generaul rule of thumb they are dirt cheap used. I have seen some like you talked about that were even cheaper yet. everone that I know that has one likes them they say they aren't the most mech. friendly to work on though.

lex

I would still like to find a dirt cheap cat. Where are they, my local dealers know what to ask for themIJ

customcombiner

ha, for that price why not! It shouldn't be that wore out even doing corn with that amount of hours. someone said they have poor service on these machines from their dealer is that trueIJ

calvin

I meant for the original buyer. I beleive they are high maintenacne. Yeaah there ought to be some life in them yet but you need to be near a good dealer. They are going to cost you alot in the long run. I sure would not want one out of warranty on the harvest run.

land_Surfer

There is no more maintenance to a lexion that any other combine. In fact, I find (and most other lexion owners that I know) that my lexion is far easier to work on than any Deere or Case I had previous. Every system, drive and component is in an easy to reach area without the need to remove excessive cosmetic shields or other components, which I rearely hav to do anyway. I have owned my 485R since 2001 and it has been the most trouble-free combine yet. The lexion uses belt drives becuase they work more efficiently and require less power to operate than complex, hydraulic orbital motors and wet clutches. All of the lexions that I have seen show up at a Deere or Case lot have had some pretty hefty prices on them. More so than what I think some of the Cat dealers are placing on them.

Harvester

Planning on having an auctionIJ If not, then don't waste your time (and ours) worrying about it. People who go to auctions go there to buy JDs, Cases, and Gleaners, not a machine like a lexion. The typical lexion buyer is likely not one who attends every auction in the county looking for the cheapest buy. Rather, he tends to be the more professional grower who would rather pay a bit more perhaps and buy from a reputable dealer who can support him in parts and service. The values that lexions fetch at auction is only a reflection of this (the way the combines are marketed and their core customer base),not as you would surmise in err, that someone was dissatisfied with the combine and wanted to dump it on auction. Knowing this, a lexion owner who is retiring or otherwise needs to sell his combine, is far better advised to let his dealer sell it for him so that it can be marketed to the right buyers.

Rotorhead

Where was the combine sold for 47,000 and when. When is the next auction with a lexion on it. I want to be there.

Silver_Shoes

The lexion is a great combine, it just doesnt have alot of interest from farmers who dont know squat about them, therefore if an interested party isnt at the auction I could see it selling cheaper than it should. If you are interested in buying a combine, are at the sale, have a chance to pick it up reasonably and have a dealer within 100 miles, well I wouldnt be scared to buy it. Matter of fact at 50,000 I would have bought it if I was there.