Cattle

Easttxrancher

Hello everyone.
I’m new to this site,, hope I’m doing this right. Lol. I have a question for some cattle ranchers.
I run around 70 head of beef cattle on 300 acres. I had 3 calves born two to three months premature over the weekend, their mothers are ages 3 to 7 years old and has brought me good calves. They get their shots they’re minerals feed and good coastal Hay. I’m running 2 angus bulls
One is 5yrs and the other is 2 1/2. Any body seen this before??

The Big Cowhuna

The Big Cowhuna

Golden Chicken
Not that early, no. I've had some calve up to two weeks early, but not often. I honestly wouldn't mind if they all came one to two weeks early. Have you used the same Angus bulls successfully before? What was their birth weight, do you know? Some ranchers will select bulls that had a low birth weight to breed with their heifers to make calving easier, especially for first timers. Over time, it might become a problem if you're breeding a bull with a low birth weight whose daddy had a low birth weight and so on.

Last edited:

Easttxrancher

Not that early, no. I've had some calve up to two weeks early, but not often. I honestly wouldn't mind if they all came one to two weeks early. Have you used the same Angus bulls successfully before? What was their birth weight, do you know? Some ranchers will select bulls that had a low birth weight to breed with their heifers to make calving easier, especially for first timers. Over time, it might become a problem if you're breeding a bull with a low birth weight whose daddy had a low birth weight and so on.
My main bull has always threw good calves.
I ended up keeping one oh his sons he’s 2 1/2. I have been around cattle all my life and this is a first. My father-in-law is a West Texas cattle rancher and he told me he’s never had three calf born premature in a short period he Was thinking maybe one of the bulls. My vet called me and said he wanted to do a blood test on the cows he’s been seeing some diseases
Going around

Pinewood Acres

Pinewood Acres

Farm Hand
Ah, I hate that happened to you. I could see having one calve early, but not three without there being some underlining cause. It could be the genetics of the bull you haven't bred with before even though he comes from good stock. But it could also be due to heat stress and other weather extremes which puts too much pressure on the heifers. Did you feed them pellets? I remember reading an article a year or two ago that said something about a toxic level of ergot being found in some food pellets, but I don't think they concluded that it caused the premature births, just said it could have contributed to it. Did the vet say why he suspects disease could be the culprit? I thought diseases, especially ones that could cause premature birth, were pretty uncommon in a well-vaccinated herd. I hope you get to the bottom of it.

Sexycowshit

Sexycowshit

Hi I’m wonder if there are any farmers that are willing to let me come to their farm and let me play with and love their animals and what I mean play is that I’m into shit it’s been a fetish to me ever since I was a little kid because I experienced it once with my grandma’s Morgan which she was my horse mom here’s my story about when I first got into scat Once when I was 6 my favorite horse shat a very big pile of dark green apple and I was trying to watch where I stepped and I feel mouth open face first into her pile and I swear I heard her snort so I am guilty because I first discovered what it felt to be horny when I was 3-4 years old when I was discovering my penis was and the reason I say I discovered what horny meant was when my penis grew bigger than it was and from then on I would get horny but when I was 5 I got into shit and liked fapping with it in the bathroom but let’s get to the point here I was face first mouth open in horse shit so I already loved fapping with it so why not eat it so I took a bite of it and my world opened up to the land of scat loving I swallowed it loving it. And that’s how I got into scat but ever since then I haven’t been able to for fill my dream of sucking on a horses asshole and a cows asshole and eating both of their shit from the asshole