Combines Chaffspreader

Dan

Is that a 52 with long shoe and is the 800 brand newIJ Sorry I can't help with chaff but I believe there is room to remove some of curtain and still not throw material back at shoe. I don't think you can or better monkey with chaffer position. What do you mean by header is noisy. There is normally some noise on right side from finger adjustment area until fingers wear into their guide a bit. Door may have to be set slightly tighter with hump kit installed for the extra weight and being more in contact with straw. Start with slightly tighter than factory and snug as needed so door don't open prematurely. Good luck. Dan

tbran

We have done some work in this area; best results have been somewhere between lowest and mid position and extending 2nd and 3d from outside fins by moving them back as much as possible toward the rear lip and drill holes to put in a position that is equidistant to the fin on each side. This gives about a 20% better spread as the fins are now extended (Watch yo' head- Duck!). Keep in mind the goal is to spread the chaff so that it will not interfere with tillage or no-till operation. I have seen some VERY expensive spinner spreaders that do a fair job unless there is a SlIGHT breeze. Even in still conditions about 20 ' is max.in most of our crops. Chaff by definition is lIGHT. Green and Red with $$ spinners can't get to 25' most of the time. When a cross wind drifts stuff it is not much better than our no maintainance system. A pretty white complete covering is pleasing to look at but won't put any bucks in the billfold and is kind of hard to accomplish.

Dan

Are you running sickle emptyIJ Is corn head varible locked out slow and belt adjusted properlyIJ Conveyor chain needs to be right up snug. Single stabilizer is heavy on this newer header but do check to see if something was left loose. Back down on throttle to see when noise seems to go away. Maybe high speed sickle drive pulley was accidentally installed or you could maybe install a slower sickle drive pulley. I sure like Rolfs' fix with the flywheel for I believe that is fixing problem at its source. I think the weight that is on back shaft should be on the wobble box pulley but I bet the engineers say that is a no no. Sounds like Rolf has give it quite a test. All of ours are quite smooth while going down the field. Good luck. Dan