Combines Chopper feed roll

angus11

You won't have a problem running it with out the covering. I have a TR-85 and it's never had the covering on it. Be sure the drum is turning the right way.I believe the belt that drives it needs a half twist put in it so the drum turns in to the chopper.My dad put the belt on with out the half twist and it would leave small piles of bean stubble every so often because the drum was turning the wrong way. Check your machine, they might of changed the design on the way the belt runs. hope this helps Tom

Nemotr

Thanks for the info. Ours is as you state. We run the belt one way for chopper and reversed when winrowing straw. The chopper did plug with bean stubble a couple of times. Not sure what caused it.

Pete

The chopper knives are probably to worn. You should be able to turn them around or get new ones. Do not forget that the knives are balanced and have to be installed in sets. Pete

2rotorsrule

You will start plugging if the bearing is out on that roller also. WE didn't notice ours was out until we got to soybeans, and it didn't take long. Had our roller rebuilt...if we had to do it over again just order the whole thing and get it right the first time. NH had problems with a large percent of their machines having this bearing problem