Confronting your fears

RuralFarm

RuralFarm

Farm Hand
I had my fears before venturing into poultry farming. I wasn't sure about the number of birds to start with, and whether the space I had was sufficient. It took me a while to build that confidence.

RichZ

Chocolate Milk Cow
Getting into any kind of farming is scary. Farming is risky.

leon

leon

Golden Chicken
In most cases, people avoid some farming options based on hearsay. I agree with @RichZ that farming being risky, yet a farmer should not fear taking risks. Before embarking on a venture, you need to do sufficient research.

Trubadour

Trubadour

Farm Hand
There are so many resources available to beginners, that educating yourself to alleviate your fears is easier than ever.

Always start with your local extension office

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
There are so many resources available to beginners, that educating yourself to alleviate your fears is easier than ever.

Always start with your local extension office
The local extension office is the beginner's best bet. I remember spending a lot of time on online research, and I ended up with conflicting information. I think that new farmers fear failure, yet it is the best way to learn.

RuralFarm

RuralFarm

Farm Hand
It is okay to have your doubts and go on to prove or disapprove of them through research. The other side of the coin involves getting into farming and being overambitious. Either way, a farmer should learn from all experiences.

RanchHouse

RanchHouse

Farm Hand
It is okay to have your doubts and go on to prove or disapprove of them through research. The other side of the coin involves getting into farming and being overambitious. Either way, a farmer should learn from all experiences.
Most beginners suffer from the fear of the unknown. Those who confront these fears and take risks may end up knowing whether or not their hesitations have a basis. A lot of successful farmers learned through making mistakes.

Shelbii

Shelbii

Farm Hand
How are you doing now? I have always said that fear is a good thing. If you do your research and know exactly what you are getting into, things will go more smoothly. I hope it is going great so far.